The town of Montalcino, sanctuary of this wine produced from Sangiovese grapes, stands on a charming hill that will let you savour its natural wholesomeness. The town, its century-old fortress, and the best wineries reviewed in specialised magazines are the main destination of our outing. You will discover Montalcino, the splendid Abbazia di Sant’Antimo (St. Antimo’s Abbey) and the beautiful surrounding area. Along with a selection of other prestigious wines, you will also sample Brunello di Montalcino, known as the “Italian ambassador in the world of our winemaking reality”, presently the most appreciated wine product in the whole world.
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
Journey by GT Coach fitted with sound amplifying system, air conditioning and all modern conveniences
• Expert multilingual escorts (English-Italian-French-Spanish-German)
• Guided tour of Montalcino and its stronghold and short break to shop for typical products and local crafts
• Visit to St. Antimo’s Abbey, renowned for its celebrated Gregorian Chants
• Sampling of wines at a renowned Montalcino winery reviewed in the best specialised magazines, such as Wine Spectator and Decanter.
• Sampling of bruschettas and typical Tuscan cold cuts and cheese
• Possibility of buying wine at the estate visited at advantageous prices. (Deliveries almost all over the world)
• Stops for photos in scenic points
• Tour photo service
• Against booking at an additional cost, shuttle service from your accommodation to the bus departure point. (No drop off)
• Days: Tuesday - Thursday
• Departure: 02:30 p.m from Piazza Gramsci in front of Bar La Lizza
• Duration of the tour: approx. 5 hours
• Minimum number of participants: 1
• Price: 35 Euros per person
• Children under 2 years of age travel free when sitting with their parents, or on an independent seat with baby-seat: 50% of the price ; children between 2 and 8 years old, 50% discount.
• 10% off for the purchase of another tour